I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the wonderful Nikki of A Kinder Way. Thus, feeling appropriately humbled, I will give it my best to honour the distinction…
Rules as follows:
So profuse thanks to Nikki, and here are the nominees (though I stress I will not be put out if anyone chooses not to do this):
My Answers to Nikki’s Questions:
- Why did you start your blog?
I was advised by my best friend to document my transition.
- What was the last kind thing you did for yourself?
Dressed and made-up in my best Gothic fashion for an LGBT+ support group, which proved a slight miscalculation as that evening’s group had been integrated with a Methodist service. They looked surprised…
- What was the last kind thing you did for someone else?
Bought lunch for the aforementioned friend.
- What is your favourite way to pass time besides the computer/phone.
- If you could spend an hour with anyone, who would it be?
My handsome hubby, Cal.
- What is the last thing you ate?
Cadbury’s chocolate buttons. Very mature, I know…
- What was the last book you read?
Virginia Woolf – A Room of One’s Own.
- What are you passionate about?
Faith, fiction, husband, Gothiness, transition, transpolitics, in no particular order (though hubby first, obviously).
- You just won a trip to anywhere in the world. Where do you go?
San Francisco. Or possibly Transylvania.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Vampires (see above).
- What is your dream career?
Countess (also see above). Failing that, author.
11 random facts about me:
- Doctorate in English Literature… Gothic, unsurprisingly.
- Taught English for a year in China. Loved it.
- Married to a Frenchman since 2013…
- …but cannot speak French worth a damn…
- …though I did once write him a probably quite terrible love poem in dodgy Latin.
- My longest (and current) job is parcel sorter for Royal Mail. I have stuck it that long because it gives me enough money to work part-time and thus write…
- …not to mention job-hunting is perhaps my least favourite thing to do ever.
- Flautist, though not a professional level one. I did once play in a hippie-electro band called “Little Eris,” though.
- Have written about half a dozen novels, though to date have only published two (and none as yet under my post-transition name).
- The author who got me writing in the first place was the late Terry Pratchett, and my fantasy writing to this date tends to pay conscious homage to him (though I tend to opt for grimmer worlds).
- Other favourite authors include Jane Austen, C S Lewis, Julian of Norwich, and J R R Tolkien.
11 questions to my nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- Has it fulfilled your expectations for it?
- How do you feel about the Internet as a social environment?
- If you could meet one world leader, who would it be?
- And if you could give them one bit of advice and / or criticism, what would it be?
- What issue do you care most about?
- If you could eliminate one thing from the world, what would it be?
- What is your Dungeons and Dragons alignment? (I try to be chaotic good as much as possible, though I suspect I mainly just manage gratuitously nerdy…)
- Who is your favourite Doctor Who?
- If you had a TARDIS, where / when would you take it?
- And if you could be any alien or fantasy species, which would you opt for?
Good luck with that lot, dear folks… xxx